At Universal Insulation Doctor, we Complied a List of Insulation FAQs for our Services in Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, Norfolk, Portsmouth, Newport News, and Hampton areas.
Get all of your insulation FAQ under one roof! Find out more about our services and frequently asked questions. Discover more about installing new insulation. Furthermore, find out how to care for both your attic and crawl spaces with our sister companies. There is never a job too big or too small that we cannot handle! All of our information will prepare you for your services in Virginia Beach, Virginia and the surrounding communities.
At Universal Insulation Doctor, we do our best to give you all the details and answers you need before services are contracted! Read through the insulation FAQ or skim for your question. We have provided thorough answers to the most common concerns. However, If you do not see your question, be sure to contact us immediately for help!
What does Insulation R-Value mean?
Insulation R-value refers to the insulation’s resistance to heat flow. Tiny air pockets trapped in the material resist the passage of heat. They resist heat gain in the warmer months and heat loss in the colder months. The higher the insulation’s R-value, the greater its insulating power. Furthermore, purchasing insulation with a higher R-value will help regulate your home better. Work with a technician to determine your budget so we can meet your needs!
Do I have to take out the existing Insulation?
The short answer is, not always. Most of the time, adding more insulation does have a positive impact on the overall R-value. If your existing attic insulation is damaged or poorly installed, you may want to replace it completely. Pre-existing insulation that is in good condition can stay. Adding new insulation will only increase your R-value, which helps your home.
Get inspected by Universal Insulation Doctor before making your decision. Our technician will be able to help you make an informed decision.
Will Cellulose Insulation burn?
Cellulose Insulation has a Class 1 Fire rating. It is required to meet all federal, state, and local fire safety requirements. Furthermore, some manufacturers have qualified two and three-hour firewall designs using Cellulose Insulation.
Protect your home with cellulose insulation! Insulation has evolved to protect your home from fire hazards. We install fire rated insulation to keep your family safe.
How much does insulation cost?
Insulation cost varies based on the size of the area being insulated, as well as type being installed. As always, Universal offers FREE INSPECTIONS. Call us to get a quote on your insulation install! Quotes vary based on the need for other services and insurance policies as well.
Do I need to have the sanitize application made?
We perform sanitation applications when a rodent or wildlife infestation has occurred and droppings or urine has been left behind. This application is necessary to rid your home of any contaminants. Additionally, it ensures your installation is free and clear of problems!
Why do I need a crawl space poly ground cover installed or an encapsulation system installed?
Most homes have a ground cover installed when new insulation is laid in a crawl space. Some homes do not need a poly ground cover. However, if there is a high level of moisture under the home, a full cover should be installed. Furthermore, we recommend installing a dehumidifier and closing the foundation vents to block hot/humid air under the home. We take precautions to keep your new insulation intact!
Insulation FAQ: Removal Questions
Q: How is attic insulation removed?
A: An industrial vacuum is used to intake the contaminated insulation directly from your attic and load into a special bag. Insulation is never exposed into your home or garage using this method. Technicians are careful to remove all insulation during the service.
Q: Do we need to leave the home?
A: Simply put, no. The equipment we use is designed for this process, therefore nothing will be exposed to your home or family. Additionally, we seal access to the attic while the process is performed. You can carry on with your normal activities.
Q: What about what the rodents have left behind?
A: Prior to installing the new insulation, we treat the entire attic flooring with a disinfectant sanitizer. We do this after the old insulation is removed. Your new installation is then installed in a clean environment.
Q: Is this covered with our homeowner’s insurance?
A: There are different policy types, so check with your provider for details on your insurance policy. This is good to know before services, because you can take time to make your phone calls and be prepared. Furthermore, we are able to give you a better quote knowing your policy up front.
All The Home Insulation Services You Need Under One Roof!
- Contaminated Insulation Removal.
- Insulation Over-Lay.
- “Universal Pest Guard Insulation™” Attic Insulation.
- Sub-Floor Insulation.
- Air Duct Cleaning. Get air-duct cleaning with our sister company Universal Duct Cleaning. Keep your home free and clear with routine duct cleaning.
- Rodent Removal/Control. Get pest control services through our parent company Universal Pest & Termite. Pest control rids your home of common pests, termites, and rodents.
Easy payment options available! Hire service today, and pay tomorrow!
- 90 Day Same as Cash
- 6 Month Interest Free
- Up to 24 Monthly Payments with “0” Down
Our three-step insulation installation process:
1. Inspection: First, we do the inspection. Get the service you expect from Universal Insulation Doctor. Our trained inspectors look for signs of rodent or wildlife nesting. They also look for droppings or urine. Before and after videos or photos are available by request.
2. Service: Second, we perform the services. The technicians are prepared to remove attic insulation in a clean and safe manner. Furthermore, they understand details and communication with the customer are crucial. You will always know what is happening during your services. Customers can request photos of the findings and the process.
3. Follow Up: Finally, we follow up on all projects! The follow up process is the most important step of our service. We want to ensure customer satisfaction! Take advantage of our no-hassle promise! If you are not 100% satisfied with the service, we come back as many times as necessary. You paid for a service, so we want it to exceed your standards!